Ok, so it’s clear that whenever you talk about mushroom tacos… I’m IN!
It’s been a regular occurrence at my home, especially now during quarantine. They’re so easy to make, nutritious, and yummy (you can even make the mushroom in batch, and save for the next day!).
This time around, I added Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa on top for an extra spicy kick. I love that they make high-quality food products for health/ingredients conscious people like me.
These tacos are not only healthy, they are full of:
- Good fats
- Plant-based protein
Ohhh, and did I mention that I made a sour cream made of cashews instead of regular sour cream?
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 bulbs of garlic (more to taste if you want!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make sure to soak cashews overnight (or at least for 2 hours if you're in a rush) before making the sour cream, that way they'll be soft for the blending.
- After you have soaked the cashews, place them in a blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until smooth (scrap the side with a spatula if needed).
- Add more water if needed as well to soften the consistency.
- And listo, your sour cream is ready for the tacos!
Use the cashew sour cream as a base in the tacos, add the avocados, the mushrooms, and add the Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa on top.
Green Mountain Gringo® has been providing delicious products with truly clean ingredient labels for years (“Check Out Their Backside” ingredient label to see)… so it’s no brainer why I love to use their salsa on top of pretty much everything!
Since I’m being really mindful of my trips outside right now, I got mine online at Whole Foods with my Amazon Prime.
You can check where you can find them on their website just using your zip code.
Ok now… hope you make the tacos, take photos and TAG ME on Instagram. I love to see your creations, and cheer you on!