So spring is finally here!!! I love to workout outside as much as I can, and spring is the perfect season to start venturing outside again and enjoying the outdoors while I exercise.
I also love that during spring, and summer I get to enjoy again my cold concoctions. I’ve been having this green bowl on rotation, which I love to have right after my workout. And, of course, I wanted to share it with you!
THE GREEN BOWL
So happy to be collaborating with Biochem for this recipe, because it helps me to cover my bases when it comes to my protein intake. It is super important for me to consume protein right after working out, to help rebuild the muscle.
This green bowl is so yummy and creamy. The texture is more like melting ice cream since I use frozen bananas and blueberries.
All the ingredients (including Biochem plant-based protein!) are super clean, and a great way to start your day on a high note… Did I mention the recipe is under 5 minutes? Because it is, and I love it even more because of it!
- 1 small ripe banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen)
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop Biochem plant protein "Mood"
- 1/2 cup almond milk (a little bit more if you like a more loose consistency)
- Add all the ingredients (bananas, blueberries, spinach, almond milk, Biochem plant protein, almond butter) to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on low/medium until combined.
- Add a little bit more almond milk in small increments until creamy and smooth as per your liking. For a thicker bowl, add less milk. For a thinner smoothie bowl, add more milk.
- Taste flavor and adjust if desired
- Spirulina or more spinach will add a deeper green hue.
- Serve in a bowl, and garnish with toppings of choice.
- I used a home-made granola free of refined sugar, shredded coconut, and more frozen blueberries.
FOR SERVING: Top with home-made granola, shredded coconut and more blueberries. Or use the topping of your liking!
What I love about Biochem Plant Protein Powders is that they’re non-GMO, and include DNA verified botanicals. They are grown from 3 unique plant sources and include 20g of fermented, highly sustainable and clean sourced protein, which is AMAZING if, like me, you favor a plant-based diet.
Biochem Plant Protein Powders also include a complete amino asset profile, they’re also sugar-free, gluten-free and soy-free. That’s definitely a WIN!
I am particularly OBSESSED with Biochem’s “MOOD” plant protein, as it contains Ashwagandha, Moringa & Passionflower… ingredients known to diminish occasional tension, stress, and tiredness, supporting a positive mood.
So great when the food we eat supports our wellness goals!
I hope you love this recipe as you as I do. I loved making it again to take the photos and sharing them with you.
As usual, don’t forget to TAG ME on Instagram when you do it, or if you implement any of the tips you’ve learned here. Use also the #CandyGlowSquad hashtag so I can find you, and cheer you on!