For years, and years I’ve been looking for a yummy granola brand that is low in sugar (or completely sugar-free!), that’s crunchy but chewy enough that I won’t fear of breaking my teeth.
… Do you feel me?
It’s been impossible! There are many granolas out there that I love because, yes, they are sugar-free and made with smart sugar substitutions, have amazing added superfoods, but always, and I mean ALWAYS they’re either:
- Too expensive
- Too crunchy for my sensitive teeth
Since New Years seems always like a good time to step up a notch our wellness efforts, I decided to create my own granola concoction that’s easy to do, chewy enough (while still having that crunch factor!) and super affordable ingredients! Thanks to my friends from MaraNatha® Almond Butter I was able to get that chewy delicious finish I was looking for while adding all the amazing nutrients that their almond butter has!
- 2 cups Arrowhead Mills® Organic oats
- 4 tablespoons MaraNatha® Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut Spectrum® Culinary Oils
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut flakes
- Separately, mix the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup warm for 30 secs in the microwave and mix very well with a fork until you have an even mixture
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture, make sure to mix well
- Place the oats in a baking pan
- Bake for 30 minutes, at 350 degrees
- Serve and let it cool
- And voila, your granola is ready to use!
Storage the rest on mason jar for future use. Preferably, within 2 weeks!
One of the things I love the most from MaraNatha® Almond Butter, and why I’m making my granola with is that they cover several wellness points that are important to me when it comes to the ingredients I use for my recipes. They are:
- Packed with protein
You can find all the ingredients super easy, at your nearest Walmart! Save $3 when you buy two different brands: MaraNatha®, Spectrum™ Culinary Oils! Look for Shopkick rewards while offers last. Look for savings on specially marked packages and save up to $7
As usual, whenever you do this recipe don’t forget to TAG ME in your pictures and use the hashtag #CandyGlowSquad so I can see you in action, and cheer you on!
Now, off I go to prepare breakfast for tomorrow (I’m using this granola as a topping for my yogurt + strawberries and blueberries… yums!).