Sometimes a girl gotta live, ya’ know?
I feel like it’s OUR turn to enjoy a freaking chocolate cupcake WITHOUT the guilt. As usual, I got you! These chocolate cupcakes are:
- Gluten free
- Super chewy
- Flourless (they’re made with almond flour, instead of regular wheat flour)
- Refined sugar-free & low glycemic (thanks maple syrup!)
- Lick-your-finger DELICIOUS!
I’m always experimenting with different baking recipes & I made this recipe a few weeks ago & fell in loveeee. I know there are a ton of vegan cupcakes recipes out there, but this one is not… I’m still figuring out the whole “moist-but-vegan” baking thing and until I feel like I have perfected it, I still LOVE to bake the conventional way, [making healthier swaps of course]. It will be on repeat in the kitchen for sure.
I mean… CHOCOLATE, how can you get it wrong with CHOCOLATE???!!!
Ready for the recipe? Glad you asked!
- 2 cups almond flour (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder (not cocoa, CACAO)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 unsweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into your cupcake liners.
- Top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ok, now I’m stuffed from tasting so many of these cupcakes. It’s 12:51 AM I’m going to bed and read a book a little bit (devouring this one: Light Is The New Black) with a cup of soothing Nighty Night Tea.
Remeber to tag me in your pics on Instagram when you make them and use the #CandyGlowSquad so I can stalk your creations!
Talk to you tomorrow, & happy FRIYAY!
+ Get more recipe inspo like this one, on the recipe section of my page!
FREE E-BOOK + RECIPES & WELLNESS TIPS!
- 15+ pages with my fav health & wellness tips and tricks
- Morning rituals
- Meal prep tips
- Healthy food swaps
- Few of my favorite recipes
- My favorite supplements to take and why