You need this watermelon slush in your live, K?
Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits and more so in the summertime. It’s sooooo refreshing! PLUS, watermelons are full of lycopene which is especially important for our cardiovascular health, bone health and has shown extreme benefits for cancer-fighting… I meeeean, do I need to say more? 🍉
What else does this drink have going on for itself? Well, it super hydrating AND detoxing!
As you may or may not have noticed, I have a slight obsession with cayenne pepper. What can I say, I’ll take whatever I can to boost my immune system and cayenne pepper happens to be A+ for that!
Few benefits of cayenne pepper:
- Excellent to boost metabolism, suppress hunger and normalize glucose levels in the blood.
- Provides detox support! Cayenne pepper stimulates circulation and eliminates acidity; it also supports the digestive system that moves bacteria and toxins out of the body.
- Cayenne pepper may help boost the stomach’s defense against infections, increase digestive fluid production and help deliver enzymes to the stomach, aiding digestion.
- Can help to prevent blood clots, help with high blood pressure & heart-related issues. The capsaicin may help to relax blood vessels, leading to lower blood pressure.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups watermelon in chunks
- Cayenne Pepper (3 dashes per each 8 Onz. Of juice, more if you can tolerate!)
- 1 tablespoon lime/lemon juice (more to taste)
- Add lime/lemon juice before blending
- Same as the cayenne pepper
- Blend the watermelon chunks very well
- No water added, just blend the watermelon alone and its own juice/water will be enough
- Do NOT use a colander, drink as is. Fiber is GOOD!
Any other drinks YOU personally do adding cayenne? Please share— I always love to hear and learn from you guys too!
As usu, TAG ME when you do it and use the #CandyGlowSquad hashtag so I can see it and drink with you!