Be the envy of the office when you enjoy this delicious and colorful Black Bean Pasta Salad for lunch! This is a healthy mid-day option that packs a nutritious punch, is simple to make, and it’s perfect for weekly meal prep since it can last for days in the fridge!
I love bringing salads to lunch for work. It’s great that the smell of this Black Bean Pasta Salad is very discrete, so you can even eat it at your desk if your day is super hectic without having the risk of inundating the whole office. Especially for my lunches, I like to create recipes that are ready in under 15 minutes because who’s got time to spend hours in the kitchen? Not me!
BLACK BEAN PASTA SALAD
Best thing is that even though this is a meatless meal, you can rest assured you are giving your body enough protein. This Black Bean Pasta Salad packs 14g of protein per each 3/4 cup (just pasta alone) + it has only one ingredient (black bean flour). As a holistic nutrition & wellness coach, I couldn’t be happier with this recipe. Oh, and did I mention you don’t even have to heat it? Yes, this salad tastes even better cold.
- 1 cup black bean pasta (cooked)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used yellow)
- 1/4 crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 1/4 minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pinch of black pepper (to taste)
- Make a dressing using the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Himalayan pink salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the cooked pasta, diced tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Add the dressing.
- Add the goat/feta cheese and mix well.
- Add the parsley.
Black bean pasta is perfect al dente. Add pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Cook for no more than 8 - 10 mins and it's ready!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did making it for you. Take it with you on the go for work, the gym, or wherever you need to have a meal while on the move. Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures when you make it because I’d love to see your final creations!