Dark at 5 pm? what-the-actual-heck??!!! 😩😩😩
I can feel how my mood is changing, decrease in energy, a low desire to be around others, and how my motivation is going down the drain as soon as the sun goes down.
Are you experiencing something similar too?
We’re NOT ALONE!
There’s a thing called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), a.k.a “Winter Blues” or “Seasonal Depression” and it is so real for so many of us. Generally, most people who suffer from SAD start feeling symptoms now in the fall. SAD symptoms usually continue through the winter and ease up or disappear once the warm weather returns.
While It is ok to not be ok, I much rather that we (both you, and I) have the right tools to prevent/fight this.
The best thing we can do for ourselves is to recognize the signs and take action.
And because I GOT YOU, I’ve gathered a few tips that you can implement right away.
1. Recognize your patterns
As the fall sets in, I’ve made it a habit to ask my health coaching clients about their mood patterns over the past several fall and winter seasons.
Upon reflection, many women can start to recognize that their moods worsen during this time frame, and this knowledge is powerful. It enables us to work proactively to structure their winters and plan ahead of time to combat their seasonal blues.
2. Vitamin D
When our body is lacking Vitamin D, we are more prone to develop anxiety and depression… Vitamin D is sometimes called the “sunshine vitamin” because it’s produced in your skin in response to sunlight. Your body produces vitamin D naturally when it’s directly exposed to sunlight.
It’s then, not a secret, that vitamin D levels notoriously drop during the fall/winter months exactly because we have shorter days and are less exposed to sunlight.
Where to get Vitamin D (besides the sun):
- Through supplements [I like this vitamin D capsules & this vitamin D sublingual spray]
- Light Therapy Portable Box [I like this one] it’s a box that mimics real light to enhance your body’s circadian rhythms or body clock. Once this happens, it subdues the release of melatonin, which makes you sleepy. Take half an hour and sit in front of a lightbox and notice the change in your spirit!
3. Make a mini-wellness plan to survive the season (including the holidays)
It’s easy to fall behind on our wellness goals during this season, and when the days are shorter.
Feel motivated AF? Not so fast… most of us need a little help!
Holidays are known for wreaking havoc on our weight and overall wellness (queue in SAD).
The average person gains anywhere from 5 to 11 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years, and rarely lose all of it during the year after.
PLUS, if you sum all that to the fact that we are already feeling kind of blue… Well, then we need ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET!
That’s why I created a Holiday Survival & Recovery Guide, which includes:
– My extensive list of tips and tricks to survive the holidays with your health pumping, no extra pounds and that glow that can only come from the inside out!
– 15+ holiday-inspired healthy & yummy recipes (all plant-based)
– My (very easy to follow) 3 Days Detox Program to help you cleanse your body after any major holiday dinner/drinks, etc!!! It includes:
- Recipes for all 3 days
- Shopping list to take the guess-work out of the equation!
– Holistic Hangover Prevention & Recovery Guide (ya’ know… in case you need it! lol)
– Self-care tips to help you navigate the holidays without losing your *ish!
> > > CLICK HERE TO GET IT TODAY! < < <
I have poured EVERY single one of my tried-and-true tricks implemented over the years to stay healthy, but still, ENJOY the holidays and not losing my mind in the process because who’s got time for that? Not me! Lol
Get your Surviving The Holidays Guide NOW and don’t forget that everything in this life is about having balance, so we can enjoy it to the max!
♡ ♡ ♡
Happy to leave you well equipped to enjoy your holidays, stay healthy and get back on track in no time.
Don’t forget to tag me on your pics or Insta-Stories… Love you all so freaking much!!!
FREE QUIZ + RECIPES & STEPS TO FIGHT INFLAMMATION
+ Do the quiz
+ Learn which foods are the biggest offenders
+ Healthy food swaps
+ Few of my fav anti-inflammatory recipes
+ Wellness tips to fight your inflammation