They exist, they are real, they’re my latest obsession!
If you’re looking for a wheat free/grain free option for your waffles, this is it. It’s also refined sugar free, cause I always use Maple Syrup… It’s fluffy and so yummy. You will not even notice it’s not the real deal.
This one has eggs, as I’m still working on a vegan version and trying to master the whole vegan baking which honestly is not my forte. But if you don’t mind eating eggs, you’re in for a treat!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon depending on your taste
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- - Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- - Mix together the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and add to the dry mixture, stirring well.
- - Heat waffle maker and spray with non-stick coconut spray.
- - Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot iron.
- - Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then use toppings of your liking.
- - As a topping, add more maple syrup, almond butter, cacao nibs & strawberries or raspberries.
- - Enjoy!
As usual, I LOOOOVE to see your creation in the kitchen… so TAG ME ON INSTA when you make them!