Who’s familiar with the ‘Tailgating’ concept? I confess it was new to me up until I moved here… there’s a whole sub-culture that revolves around sports that is so fascinating to me! But one of the things I quickly realized is the lack of healthier food options when it came to tailgating events and worst so when talking about meat-free/meatless options!
But just in case you are indeed (like I was!) not familiar with the term, let’s Wikipedia explain:
Tailgating is a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle. Tailgating, which originated in the United States, often involves grilling food. Tailgate parties occur in the parking lots at stadiums and arenas, before and occasionally after games and concerts. People attending such a party are said to be ‘tailgating’. i.e. “Before the football game, we had a tailgate party with beers and BBQ.”
But to be honest, you can TOTALLY ‘tailgate’ in your own backyard before catching your favorite game or concert just like I did! The idea is to have fun and share with people you enjoy spending time with.
MEATLESS TAILGATING IDEAS
If you’re looking for meatless options for these type of events, look no further! I recently tried MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack (America’s #1 Veggie Burger) for a pre-game activity I had with some friends and was very pleased with the flavor, texture and overall presentation… Like for real, real, it gets crunchy outside and chewy inside. What else can I ask?!
And because I always got your back, here’s a coupon for you to use when you get yours!
I feel like this is a PERFECT option for families get-togethers. Especially during football season where lots of tailgating opportunities will come around… or home-gating like I did Lol Veggie cuisine was never so yummy and so easy… I mean, MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone!
- MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack
- Sprouted grains burger bun
- Raw onions (sliced)
- Sliced cheese (I used a vegan option, but you can use whichever you like!)
- Mayo (again I used a vegan version but you can use the brand you prefer!)
- Ketchup (I used sugar free)
- Your favorite veggies in a kebab (as a side)
- Just make sure to follow MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger grilling instructions
- Slice your onions, tomatoes and lettuce
- Grill the bread a little bit as well before making your burger
- Sprinkle your veggie kebab with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper and make sure to turn it every few minutes so it cooks evenly.
You can find the burgers pretty easy, I got mines at Walmart!
Now you know you have meatless options for all your tailgating adventures or whatever BBQ event you got going on this season.
If you end up doing your veggie burgers, don’t forget to tag me in your pics. I would LOVE to see what you create!