I feel like this has to be one of the most requested posts and asked questions you guys always have for me, so creating this list of a Healthy Pantry + the things I normally have on rotation was long time overdue!
What you’ll notice about my Pantry
All items are certified organic (unless noted otherwise), you won’t see processed soy products unless is fermented (like tempeh, but that’s for another post), there’s no white enriched flour anywhere or refined sugar. You can really have that badass-clean pantry you always dreamed about, is just a matter of making the right swaps and choices.
You got this!
By the way, if any of the items I mention sounds weird to you, I invite you to be a little more curious about what;s out there… and don’t be afraid to shoot me questions in the comment section or on my Instagram, I love to answer your questions. I’m personally always learning about new, interesting, good-for-you foods. You, too, will be amazed at the options out there!
Where Do I Buy?
I’m a creature of habit and if I can avoid getting out of my house to get those items, the Haleluyahhhhh. You bet I will choose that over regular grocery shopping.
When it comes to non-perishable items and online purchases, I’m obsessed with these 3 places:
- Amazon, I love it because I’m kind of lazy for grocery shopping and I don’t like to get out of my house to do these things unless I REALLY have to! 😉 So, using Amazon I don’t even have to get out of my house and honestly their prices are always the best. I also love their 2 days delivery through the “PRIME” membership and I think every person taking charge of their health should have one because it will save you TONS of money when ordering!
- Thrive Market is like Costco but for all natural, non-toxic and organic foods and products. I recently became aware of their services and I have just one word: OBSESSED! They have all my favorite products at wholesale prices, but without having to but in bulk, which a super win and they are different from Amazon in the sense that they are PURELY super healthy products oriented, which I LOVE! (They have right now a 25% Off on all orders + Free Shipping!).
- I also buy at Costco a lot… like a lot, LOT! Even though it’s just my hubby and me, it makes sense when it comes to some items like rice, coconut oil, olive oil, quinoa, chia seeds etc… they have many organic brands with great prices and I should know because it’s my work to scout this type of things to bring you guys all the info. The only downside is that obviously, you need to pay the membership, but trust me, it’s worth it!
But when it comes to regular produce or perishables, of course, it makes sense to hit your regular grocery store or Farmer’s Market (I don’t always buy at Whole Foods -hell no!- when it comes to supermarkets I like:
- Whole Foods (for certain novelty items or local producers I can’t find anywhere)
- Trader Joe’s (I mean, have you tried their cauliflower pizza crust or cauliflower rice? They have TONS of healthy and affordable options.
- Publix (In Florida)
- Giant & Wegman’s (In Pennsylvania)
Here are some of my non-perishable Items you’ll religiously find in my pantry:
Grains, Seeds & Protein
- Brown rice
- Chia Seeds
- Black beans
- Cannelini beans
- Raw almonds
- Raw cashews
- Sunflower seeds
- Almond butter
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Ground flaxseeds
- Hemp seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Liquid aminos OR coconut aminos (instead of soy sauce)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
Herbs & Spices
- Red pepper flakes
- Curry powder
- Ground ginger
- Black pepper
- Chickpea pasta
- Lentil Pasta
- Brown rice pasta
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Brown rice syrup
Catch the FB Live I made about this