I’m all about getting in my alkaline food and drinks anywhere I can, because I also love my wine and you know… life balance!
This is by far one of my favorite elixirs, it makes me feel so awesome and so accomplished every time I have it.
Plus, turmeric is my fav spice by far… I may or may not have a little obsession with it 🙂 I practically use it for everything (from healing elixirs like this one, foods and homemade beauty concoctions for my skin).
You guys know one of the reasons I studied holistic health & nutrition, is because I have a HUGE history of cancer in my family. So it’s only natural I’m very drawn to foods with cancer-fighting properties.
Did you know Turmeric has powerful cancer-fighting powers? Well, now you do!
I wish my grandfather and my mom knew about this potent little root before they got diagnosed. They key to PREVENT cancer is to keep our bodies and pH alkaline, and a strong immune system. Nothing better that turmeric for that.
I literally drink it every day. You guys always ask me for the recipe, so catch it below.
Healing Turmeric Detox Elixir
- 8 Onz water
- The juice of one lime/lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (I like this one)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste (I like this one)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Optional: stevia or brown rice malt syrup (like this one)
And because I’m an extremist and by now I’ll even eat dirt, I add like a TON of cayenne instead of just a pinch. I love to add it because it helps t boost my metabolism and aid in the detoxing process as well… but if you are beginner start with just a little bit!
Here are some of the health benefits of Turmeric
- Cancer-fighting (especially effective at treating breast cancer, colon cancer, and skin cancer.
- Super anti-inflammatory (the kind of inflammation that you don’t see, which happens inside your body and causes all illnesses).
- Fights arthritis (again, anti-inflammatory).
- Antioxidant (bye-bye wrinkles!)
- Brain boosting (great to prevent & fight Alzheimer)
- May also be helpful to fight diabetes
- Excellent to clear the skin (for people with acne issues)
- Excellent detox properties as well
I also add just a pinch of black pepper because it contains piperine, which has been shown to dramatically increase the absorption and effects of turmeric.
I typically make several servings, put it in a Mason Jar with the sip lid & straw (like this one), and have it next to me while I’m working on my computer. Then I sip from it during the whole morning.
And this mason jar is also super handy when you are running errands too (no spills in the car!).
Have you tried turmeric before for anything?
Let me know in the comments, and make sure to tag me in your pictures if you start doing it…. I promise you will see the difference and start feeling AWESOME in just days.