You guys know I travel quite a lot because of work, so it’s important for me to be able to bring with me snacks I can munch while I’m on- the- go because I get “hangry” and I’m honestly the worst person to be around when that happens Lol
So last week when I had to travel to Orlando, I created this yummy Habanero Hummus and paired it with carrots sticks. It’s the perfect combination of a snack with a kick that will boost your metabolism, and carrot sticks full of fiber to keep you full longer.
Have you tried airport food? Most of it is yuck and pricey, so this habanero hummus was life-saving and my bank account agrees too 🙂
I was also looking forward to the perfect opportunity and recipe to try El Yucateco® sauces, and I love the fact that I can easily throw the bottle it in my purse and just go.
And btw, it’s concert season and I know we’re all pumped to attend our favorite concerts, El Yucateco® will now be available at select stadiums and The House of Blues, and since they are music lovers just like us, they want to give you the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience! They are having an AWESOME sweepstake (you can participate with the widget below) where you can win FREE tickets to a Live Nation concert, airfare, hotel and even a $500 gift card… whaaaat?! Check for more info on how you can win on their Winning with El Yucateco website.
- 1 (14.5 -ounce can) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of El Yucateco® chile habanero sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil (I don’t like to use a lot, just enough for a creamy consistency. Use to your discretion!)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- A splash of apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Combine the garbanzo beans, El Yucateco® chile habanero sauce, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic and salt in the food processor and process for 3-4 minutes or until super smooth. Scrape the bottom of the processor and the sides so that all ingredients are well combined.
- Add more salt, lemon juice and olive oil to taste.
- You can add a splash of water if you want your hummus to be loose the mixture.
Part of El Yucateco® slogan is that they are the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce… so obviously, I was excited to do this collab and learn more about the brand.
What did I love the most? As a conscious living person, I love to support brands that use clean and natural ingredients in their products exactly as mother nature intended and stay away from chemicals. So I loved that all their sauces are made from habaneros hand picked from their own fields, with a selection of fine spices and seasonings handcrafted to deliver rich flavor with just the right amount of heat.
If you’re wondering where you can find El Yucateco® hot sauces, I got mines at Publix here in Miami, FL. Look for them in the ethnic food section.
Now go ahead and make yours and because I always got your back, here I give you a coupon so you also save some $$$ on your first purchase!