Today is Sunday, and I just came back from the Farmer’s Market which is one of my favorite things to do on Sunday mornings.
Later today I’ll do some meal prepping for the next few days, but couldn’t resist to make this anti-inflammatory piña colada smoothie and share it with you guys.
The 2 KEY ingredients here are ginger of course (super anti-inflammatory, cancer fighting & helps with digestion) + Raw coconut butter -not the same as coconut oil- an amazing source of healthy fats which will also help you absorb better the other nutrients, plus lots of potassium, magnesium, and iron… this mix really takes me aaaaaall the way to a sunny beach in the Caribbean!!!
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup spinach (or kale)
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp minced or chopped ginger (add more to your taste)
- 1 tbsp raw coconut butter (I like this one)
- 1 Scoop plant-based protein (I like this one and this one)
- Blend everything very well and make sure your water/milk and fruits are cold so your smoothie is ready to drink!
I love this smoothie, and you can also make a smoothie bowl with it adding less liquid and blending a little bit longer. Top with more pineapple chunks, coconut flakes, chia seeds or hemp hearts and you’re good to go.
If you do it, let me know! Leave a comment here or post a picture and don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag #CandyGlowSquad on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with.
Now I’m going to get ready to meal prep and finish early, because Sunday nights are for the Walking Dead of course… Hope you have an awesome Sunday!