I bet you’ve heard the word, you’ve heard many people talk about it and even super famous gurus swear by them.
I’m a firm believer in affirmations too.
I first learned about affirmations many years ago while reading Louise Hay’s book “I Can Do It”… I absolutely adore her and I think every person looking to better themselves and enlighten their path, should read her books and learn from her.
What’s an affirmation? I’ll let Louise explain:
“An affirmation is really anything you say or think. A lot of what we normally say and think is quite negative and doesn’t create good experiences for us. We have to retrain our thinking and speaking into positive patterns if we want to change our lives. When I talk about doing affirmations, I mean consciously choosing words that will either help eliminate something from your life or help create something new in your life”
I’ll be the first to say that I have soooooo many tabs open at the same time in my brain, lots of thoughts, ideas, you name it… not all of them are good.
So I’ve learned to TRY and cancel out those negative thoughts with good ones, and to SPEAK my affirmations [and I say try because I’m human, I have my not so good days like anybody else and I’m still learning so much about life, spirituality, about myself].
Btw, there’s something POWERFUL about saying them out-loud. You’re like saying to the universe “Yessssss, I 100% believe all this I’m saying!”.
Because that’s something I also learned… affirmations don’t have to be real —at the moment, you are speaking them into existence… that’s the whole point… you want them to be real, you want to feel that way, you want THAT to BE.
So don’t feel bad or feel like you’re crazy, just because you are saying “I am healthy” and you’re feeling like crap.
There are soooo many affirmations I LOVE and use in my life –but for the sake of time– here are 11 I’m sure you will love, and will rock your life too:
- All is well. Everything is working out for my greater good. Out of this situation, only good will come and I am safe! [my all time fav, I cannot tell you how many times this small but powerful affirmation has gotten me through some dark times]
- I love and approve of myself
- Success loves me and always seeks me
- Amazing opportunities exist for me in every aspect of my life
- I feel healthy, happy and strong today
- I choose to be happy right now. I love my life!
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit
- I compare myself only to my highest self
- The past has no power over me anymore
- All that I need comes to me at the right time and place in this life
- My intuition is always on my side
I have so much more and will keep talking about the mind and body connection constantly here… we are so much more than what we eat!
Do you have any awesome affirmations to share with me?
Do you use affirmations at all?
Let me know in the comments, you know I love to hear about you always!
♡ Get Louise Hay’s book “I Can Do It” HERE I’m sure you’ll love it!
♡ I’m obsessed with making the most of my time, so I’m using Audible a LOT lately, so I can “listen” to my books -instead of reading- while I drive, go to the gym or just feeling lazy in bed Lol You guys should try it too! Get a FREE trial here >>> AUDIBLE FREE TRIAL